Functional and Technical Architecture of an e-Citiz Single Window
Functional and Technical Foundations
An e-Citiz Single Window is built on proven technical and functional foundations for each actor within the e-service: the End-Users (Customers or Citizens), the Agents, and the Administrators. These foundations are based themselves on the features of the e-Citiz product.
So, the End-Users benefit the following features from the End-User Foundation :
- Secure management of his online account and his personal information, with the ability to link with a third-party electronic vault
- Forgotten Password
- Managing members of his household, and delegations
- Electronic vault to store personal documents
- Automatic anti-virus scan
- Detailed dashboard tracking applications and communication with agents in charge
- Quick access to monitor their applications
On their side, the Agents benefit the following features from the Agent Foundation :
- Dashboard of the applications to be processed individually or by each department
- Application allocation logic
- Monitoring the progress of applications
- Dedicated link with applicants: every action taken on a request results in a default e-mail (see below the Administrator Foundation) which may be customized
- Agenda Management
- Integrated with the knowledge base
The Single Window Administrators benefit the following features from the Administrator Foundation :
- Information from the organization:
- o Contact
- o Legal (Privacy Act)
- o Address Management
- Customization messages and e-mails:
- o Greetings screen confirmation, cancellation, etc..
- o e-mails sent to applicants by default when they create an account, the submission of an application, its treatment, its management, requests for information etc..
- Technical data (URL, mail servers, directories, virus scan etc.)
- Department Management
- Agents management
- e-services management:
- o Online / offline e-services
- o e-Services allocation
- o Customization of emails sent to users when Advanced processing of cases by e-service
- Setting the retention period of the applications (Privacy Act)
- Management of e-services messages, images and data Teleservices (multiple choice lists, business rules, messages, …)
- Repository Management (e.g. offices, kindergartens, canteens… and their opening hours)
All these features are based upon the Common Foundation. Here are some samples:
- Repository and Back Office Sync by Web Services
- Import files (CSV etc)
- Integrated anti-virus scanning
- Robots Protection: Captcha
- Identity management, directories (Active Directory, LDAP, …) …
- ESB (Petals)
- Online payment (Credit Card gateways)
- Back Office Connectors
A 24/7/365 plug and play architecture
e-Citiz provides an architecture allowing an incremental deployment of the different e-services.
This allows the high availability of the e-service for end-users: the deployment of an e-service does not impact in any way the availability of existing ones. The deployment of a new e-service doesn’t affect the Single Window.
In addition, this architecture can meet an increased workload with the native ability to manage clusters of servers to host e-services of a single window.